9/16/2008

Election burn-out!

Posted by Keely

No pictures - sorry. We did make it up to Boulder this past weekend and had a great time. I forgot my camera - of course. Other than that, I have spent a good amount of time obsessing about this election. I know that some of you reading this are MCain supporters, and I love you all, but I just don't understand you!!! I have come to the conclusion that I need to take a step back, turn off the t.v., and the CNN web news and focus on something else for awhile. I am TOO emotionally involved, and I am afraid that if November 5th comes and to quote Tina Fey, Sarah Palin is a "heartbeat" http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/palin-hillary-open/656281/away from being President, I may just not get out of bed........ever... again. Really. Watch the clip - it is hilarious, and worth getting through the Crest commercial for.

In other news, Grace has made a great new friend from Georgia who just moved in down the street. They are in the same homeroom. Her parents are MCain supporters, but I will get over it :). Gavin is getting "humongous" (his word, not mine). Every time he eats, he stands on his chair and stretches his arms into the air and tells anyone who will listen about how big he is getting.
That is the latest. I'll post some pictures soon (as soon as I take some). I am now going to get off of the computer (without looking at the news), and do something non-election related. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Tafoya Family said...

Hey Kee,
Good luck with keeping your mind off the election for some they just can't! Just wanted you to know we have a blog now so you can keep in touch with pic and stuff on the fam. Take care,
Heather
http://jhkktafoyafamily.blogspot.com/

criseida said...

Kill your TV!!! All this mud slinging, racism, sexism, objectifying, all things Palin, and talking about our problems and not offering any solutions makes my blood boil. I figured all I can do is vote and the rest is not up to me. Unfortunately. It's funny to hear that Gavin does stuff like that, cause Sam is still doing it. I tell him he needs to stop eating cause he's growing too fast and he counters by eating more and then showing me his muscles. Must be a boy thing. And your little girl, isn't so little any more. Sadness, huh? I just wept a little for their future...hahahaha!

Tina said...

Try having a conversation with ANYONE in Utah (the Mitchell's excepted) about the election. I feel your pain.